Thursday, January 21, 2010

Blessed

i recently came across this necklace that reminded me- in the midst of feeling a whole host of emotions (almost to where I don't know how to feel) to focus first on my many blessings.



building homes in mexico is an amazing opportunity. to provide someone with a modest home who in turn wants to use it to bless the life of others - is humbling.



we recently had a leak in our radiant floors- it emptied the entire 50 gallon system right into a drain! how lucky is that? no water damage.



my computer had a virus- nasty thing- i am feeling very blessed that i didn't lose a single thing off my computer.



work for dan has been slow. i am feeling blessed that we have a rainy day account and that i have a very flexible job at the hospital.



and just tonight i am feeling very blessed about work for dan starting to pick back up again.



annie had a new years resolution to read the scriptures. we are blessed as we gather as a family to read together.



kate's classroom helper fell and broke her ankle. kate wanted to contribute "a couple bucks" to the group gift. she gave some money from her own piggy bank. love that kate!



i recently visited some homes where people live in less that ideal situations- i came home feeling so blessed.

i am surrounded by family & friends that inspire me! make me laugh! and bless my life!



p.s. i found this necklace at the Rusted Chain a portion of the proceed will go to support the relief efforts in Haiti.



and i love google reader. and i love to write. and no one really reads my blog anyways so i am making it public again. if you check in occasionally - add me to your reader!

15 comments:

Erin said...

Well I can tell you that you do have 1 person that reads your blog! Me! Your posts are always so funny, inspirational, and entertaining. I love the necklace and your thoughts. Maybe I'll have to buy myself one... :)

Coleen said...

Love the new post. I am blog hopping waiting for Jared to come home from work (sad that he has to work so late, but happy he has a job). Its amazing how the right perspective can give you gratitude. Here's to 2010!

Brittany said...

Thanks for some good perspective today A.

Ashley C. said...

i feel so blessed to have you as a sister and friend!! love you!!! :) cant wait to see the necklace in person! thanks for the good reminder to focus on what we all do have!!

Rachel said...

I read your blog all the time, however I'm very happy to have it in my google reader so that I don't have to click into my own blog to see what a slacker I am. Thanks for the little reminder.

Corinne said...

Thank you for this post, I am having a pity party at my house. I am so grateful for good friends like you and that you are such an inspiration.

I am very grateful for many things in my life and this post just got me thinking about them again! Thanks!

Heather said...

You are inspiring and help others to realize what true blessings they have in their own lives. You are a shining light! Thank you for the breath of fresh of air and time to reflect.

Courtney said...

I am blessed to have you as my sister. Thank you for reminding me again tonight, just how good life really is!!

Jenny H said...

YAY! You are public again! I am excited to stay connected via as many computer systems as possible.
I'm adding you to my sidebar!
Loved this post, and I love that necklace.
And...btw...I told my husband that your comment about me being passionate was the nicest thing anyone has said in a long time!:)
Gear up for a movie soon...

Janie said...

Im a reader.

Nickposh said...

Thanks A! Love your post, love you... keep blogging... I am grateful for you- my sister and friend!

Mushie said...

Moms always read blogs
thanks for blessing my life daily

Tarah said...

I enjoyed reading your blog. Glad it is public and glad now I know what it is. For some reason I lost track and had the hint of salt blog only. Love you guys. Hope life is well

pendant lighting said...

I love that necklace!

Unknown said...

I love reading your blogs! It's probably the closest I'm going to get to you for who knows how long. Oh, and one of these days I'm really going to try one of your recipes . . .really . . . I know I will . . . soon.

xo

Latest Post on Just a Hint of Salt



Roasted Chicken with Balsamic Peppers