Thursday, May 1, 2008

7 things you don't know about me!!

1. I don't watch The Office

I don't get it! I honestly have tried to jump on the bandwagon, but I don't even think its funny! There I said it! (hopefully we can all still be friends) To be honest I don't watch many popular shows like Lost, Desperate Housewives, Grey's, Scrubs, Dancing with the Stars etc!

2. I am a Syrup snob! I prefer homemade Syrup! ("poor man's Syrup" as my sister in- law calls it)

This actually puts a huge damper on going out for breakfast because I can never order anything that requires syrup. So I am limited to omelets- which I enjoy but would like to branch out occasionally! I blame this on my dad- I grew up with my Dad being in charge of breakfast and he used to make us yummy things with homemade syrup!

One Sunday morning Dan decided to surprise me by making French Toast! We were just about out of the homemade syrup (that he has no clue how to make) so he poured some store bought- Aunt Jemima garbage into the bottle! I was not fooled, and although I grumbled about it the whole time I still ate it. Dan remembers my response being similar to the SNL when Chris Farley goes postal over his coffee being switched- sorry but the video I tried to upload had wacko music (which I couldn't hear at home because my speakers are broken- sorry!!)

3. I order the same thing every time!

If I go to one of my favorite places to eat- I order the same thing every time! Sometimes I wish I could venture out but I hate to be disappointed and not like it! Cafe Rio- Salad; Red Butte- French Onion Soup and house pasta; Dodo- Turkey & Swiss; Carl Jr- #1 . . . you get the idea!

4. I hate to clean!

I like clean things and I love a clean house- but as for me and the actual cleaning- ugh! The love to clean gene was not passed down to me from my mother who loves to Sargent Steam! I have to work really hard every day to keep my house clean and sometimes I can't keep up. There is actually a lot of guilt involved because I feel like I should be a person who likes to keep a clean and tidy house. That said, out of guilt I clean for my mom and I clean when I know people are coming over so as to give the impression that I am cleaner, tidier person. I can't wait for the day when I can hire a cleaning lady- won't that be great! Sorry mom and Gretel I hate to disappoint you!

5. I don't really like Chocolate!

What? How can anyone not like chocolate? Well honestly despite my famous Chocolate Cake making - I could count on one hand the times I have actually eaten it. Not to say that I will never eat chocolate or that I hate it. I just not a woman whose favorite foods are CHOCOLATE!!CHOCOLATE! CHOCOLATE!! I like chewy and fruity candy- startbursts, sweedish fish, skittles. And for dessert I would pick creme brule, cheesecake, apple crisp, even angel food cake with fruit and strawberries. And my favorite way to eat ice cream- vanilla with caramel, bananas and nuts!

6. I am so 5 years ago!

This is actually a sad confession, but it is very true that I am usually 5 years behind the curve. I am never up with the latest and greatest. This is in stark contrast to my posh sisters! I don't have an i -phone or an i-pod for that matter. I didn't have a cell phone until after we were married. We don't have cable or dish- so there's no Tivo or DVR. I am way behind on new music and new bands which I am sure is a huge embarrassment to my brother-in-laws. I just barely caught on to blogging- and there is no music, maps, voting polls or uploaded video of cute things my kids do. And then there's the clothes- when I find a good thing it is hard to let go. I would still wear jeans and flannel shirts if my family would let me.

Here's the hard part- it's not that I don't want to be cool-rather it doesn't come easily for me like it does for other people. I don't have any cute shoes, purses or belts. I guess function trumps fashion and hence why I wear jeans and a t-shirt almost every day. And those aren't designer jeans I wearing but something from TJ Maxx . Most days for hanging out with the kids it works but I wish I had cuter more stylish clothes for when I have somewhere to go. (I would love to go shopping with a few of you to show me how! )

7. I have a Tattoo!

As many of you remember I went on a cruise two summers ago with my grandparents. Dan and I thought it would be fun to get temporary tattoos (like the henna ones) that would last for the cruise but would eventually wear off! Well, you pregnant gals know that eventually is all relative because it has been awhile and it still hasn't worn off yet! I guess there really was a language barrier! No not really, but I have always wanted one- and even after revealing my secrets- I feel kinda boring so I thought I would spice it up a little bit!! ha ha!
And thats a wrap! I tag Ashley, Dan, Lauren Pew, Ashlee (it will help pass the time) and Julie & anyone else who is feeling self- revealing!

12 comments:

Gretel said...

I guess we can still be friends even though you don't like The Office and LOST. When you say homemade syrup do you mean Mapleine? If so, I totally agree. I hate packaged syrup! Syrup also has to be hot not cold or lukewarm. When we eat out I have to get french toast because of the syrup thing (FYI- I put plain sugar on my french toast). I am the same with the eating out. You will have to introduce me to Carls Jr. I haven't eaten there. I really don't like cleaning--I think I am just OCD. Anytime you want to shop let me know. I'll get you hooked!

Ashley C. said...

You are so funny. First things first. I feel like I should reply to each item in order.
#1- you have to watch the office from the beginning. it just doesnt make sense otherwise and you are right-isnt funny. rent season 1 or borrow it.
#2.- amen sister.
#3.- ditto. lets do lunch. they all sound really good right now.
#4.- just finished cleaning my house. hated it. but it feels so good afterward. I also clean for mom. ( lame!)
#5.- chocolate covered cinnamon bears?
#6.- you are way cute for claiming to be so five years ago. that being said- i love that about you! and about the tive- come time for that basement to be finished you will be right up to date. and your #1 will change too.
#7.- saw right through that one. seriously though- i cant think of seven things to reveal about me. we might have to brainstorm before i post.

love you. ( and all seven of those things about you....)

Adrianne said...

Gretel- yes! the mapleine syrup! And--- yes it has to be hot! I have never tried plain sugar on my french toast- that is not a bad idea. And really we can go to Carl's Jr any time! - it is as good as crown burger!

Adrianne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
coriconnors said...

A-
You are a beautifully refreshing person! Quite liberated, especially for a young'n.
Your candor is so delightful and I LOVE who you are!

It's Been a Day! said...

I love gummy candies. So my favorite. I think I single handedly kept cosmo's corner open with my purchases of sour watermelons!! I'm with you on not being hip. I'm like the lamest person ever, listening to old cds, wearing outdated clothes. I don't have the eye for cute fashions, or the body, or the money!! However, I do have a dvr and LOVE IT! And if you ever find something to motivate you to clean, please let me know!! I need serious help.

Annalee said...

Adrianne-
Your posts are so fun to read. I'm with you about chocolate---I too prefer sugary and chewy candies. Blogs are a fun way to keep in touch. I need to be betetr about updating mine. Have a fun weekend.

The Pond's Lily Pad said...

I'd say you are so 10 years behind, looking ten years younger than you really are that is. You should seriously consider a job as a high school undercover cop. You would blend right in, you're so cute; luv yer guts!!

Courtney said...

1- we have all of the seasons of the office, if you would like to try it from the beginning as per Ashley's suggestion
2- I like poor man's syrup on eggs!!
3- I like to try new thing, however, I often have order envy....Scott usually orders the better item. Creepy thing, Scott can read my mind and tell you what I would order on almost any menu.
4- Only like cleaning once a month!
And Mom doesn't come to my house much, because I don't have kids and I am always at her house...so I don't clean for her....YET!
5- I like chocolate.
6- I am always up for a shopping trip. Come May 30th....I am significantly more available!
7- Glad you don't have a tatoo....although if you did what would it be???

john said...

i like powdered sugar on my french toast.
We may have some problems with our food relationship based on the chocolate dislikes. But I think KFC liking trumps chocolate disliking, so you're still in.

Rachel said...

A-
You're funny. I have to agree with the five years behind the curve on fashion. I think I probably still wear stuff that I wore in high school, but I'd never admit it to anyone if they asked. Well maybe I would. I want to be hip, but I'm really just a square and most days I look and feel like a hobo. You pull off the clean thing pretty well, but I do recall your mom being crazy clean and making you clean your room before doing anything else. At least the gene runs in your family. It skipped our house all together. BTW.. I don't know if I have your email address to send you a couple of recipes you've requested rachelalbertsen(at)hotmail(dot)com

A said...

well darlin' if you are so five years ago, where the hell am i on the timeline? i think i skulk about at the nadir. honestly all this time i've been impressed by the thought and effort you put into looking cute, don't blow it by revealing such things! i can't stand the thought of you being that damn cute without any effort at all!
amy

Latest Post on Just a Hint of Salt



Roasted Chicken with Balsamic Peppers