Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Cookie of the Month

So, I have always wanted to be a member of the __________ of the month club - flowers, cheese, exotic fruits. I love to get packages and then this excitement is breed and fed by Red Envelope and Harry & David.

And to be honest I love to make cookies. (shocking I know) And I love to make GOOD cookies! And I love to discover a new GOOD cookie. And since I pretty much post a cookie recipie a month, I decided that you too might want to be a member of the ____________ of the month club too.

So here it is . . . . . . . the COOKIE of the MONTH CLUB!!

Now you too will get a little bit of goodness delivered to you monthly by someone who loves you- just to make you smile!!

Judy Brown's Soft Molassas Cookies ( aka supersoft gingersnaps)
(from Favorites)

1 1/2 c butter
2 c brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 c molasses
4 1/2 c flour
4 teaspoons baking soda (this is not a typo!)
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt

Cream butter and brown sugar. Add eggs and molasses and mix well. Add dry ingredients. Roll into balls with a cookie scoop and roll balls in sugar. Bake on ungreased cookie sheets at 375 for 10 minutes.

These make wonderful holiday cookies!

12 comments:

Erin said...

Oh I love this idea! Maybe I'll have to pass on some of my good cookie recipes!

Ashley C. said...

yum. i always love a good cookie. and seriously these ones are so good. cookie of the month sounds awesome. cant wait to see what follows.

love you.

Brittany said...

sweet!

Courtney said...

Hooray for cookie of the month! I love this one...the dough keeps really well too. So I make a double batch and then bake them for weeks!

The Kleins said...

I'm making them today!

A said...

these sound very appealing... can you translate the measurements into metric for me? oh nevermind, i'll do it!

merry christmas!

Mushie said...

it's genetic...i love a good chewy cookie...i'll be looking for some favorites! Love ya...Mom
ps how many does p90x alllow?

maxfamclan said...

Great Idea!!! Thank you!

cdsdds said...

Would Tony and Dreya approve of this?

Tarah said...

thanks for testing out the recipe first. Cookies are my fav. I have tried too many not so good recipes. I mainly stick to the classic Chocolate chip.

A said...

i made these. B and P really liked them (i knew they would). i'm more of a chocolate chip/brownie girl. hint hint.

We are ready for january's cookie now.

The Pond's Lily Pad said...

I love your blog, Steph let me in at work. Will you invite me so I can keep in touch. My email is janilynnb@hotmail.com Hope to see ya soon.

Janilynn

Latest Post on Just a Hint of Salt



Roasted Chicken with Balsamic Peppers