Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Father's Day Dad!


I feel that I owe so much of who I am to what you (and mom) have taught me.

Thank you for showing me how to forgive and let it go.

Thank you for teaching me to "give it away." It has helped me to apply the Atonement of Jesus Christ in my own life and find peace.

Thank you for insisting that I not fight back.

Thank you for believing in me- that I can be anything I want to be!

Thank you for supporting me in all that I have chosen to do. You have always been there cheering on the sidelines for me- whether in sports, dance or life.

Thank you for your wisdom and guidance and listening ear.

Thank you for wanting us to all get along. I am so grateful for the wonderful friendships that I have with all of my sisters.

Thank you for gentle reminders to eat and get some sleep and life won't look quite so bad!

Thank you for teaching me to enjoy life- whether it is a night out on the boat, $6 burger night, or a walk on the beach there is always such a wonderful feeling when we are together as a family!

Thank you for your example of caring for those around you. Between you and mom- you really might save the world!!

Thank you for helping me to be better and try harder. I still have a long way to go, but amazing examples to follow!!

I love you,
A

7 comments:

Nickposh said...

I agree on everything you said... we have been blessed with such an amazing loving DAD! Thanks for sharing. I love and miss you! See you soon.

Courtney said...

Thanks Dad! Love you too!

Thanks A for the sweet post!

Mushie said...

Dear A and Girls, Thank you for the kind words and for your continual support. You, your families, and of course Mom, are the very best part of my life.

Love Dad.

Sorry I did this from Mom's ID.

Janie said...

Hey A, I will be one week away from giving birth while we are at Beach Week - any chance you wanna bring some nurse stuff in case I go into labor? You can perform a c-section on the beach right? Can you tie my tubes while you are in there too?

:)

ps - I love your dad too.

Coleen said...

I need to chime in and say I am so grateful to your Dad for not only giving my hubby a cool name, but being a wonderful example of what it means to be a great spouse and father.

auntie libby said...

yup. he's an awesome dud.

Ashley C. said...

Amen. Amen. Amen. Love you Dad and love you A.

Latest Post on Just a Hint of Salt



Roasted Chicken with Balsamic Peppers