Sunday, January 23, 2011

Week 2: Baby Charlotte



My sister Courtney and her husband Scott welcomed Charlotte Louise on January 4th. She is beautiful and perfect.

I was lucky enough to be at work for most of Courtney's labor. I worked some charge nurse magic and ensured that she had only the best. As a Labor and Delivery nurse I am witness at many births and it is always a miracle. (Both Courtney's nurse and doctor said that it was one of their favorite deliveries they had ever been apart of because of the love and support they saw from Scott and my family. Their cute delivery nurse was emotional telling me about my dad putting out a hand to congratulate Scott and then pulling him into a hug) There is something powerful about family welcoming in a new baby- a new and forever part of our family. It is re-newing and makes life seem so simple and clear.

What a blessing! Congrats Courtney & Scott. Can't wait to see her running around in pigtails!

** another favorite L&D memory recently was when one of our resident's wives came in to deliver baby #3. They have two boys at home and didn't find out what they were having. The delivery was a little "intense" and when the room feel silent someone asked "is it a boy or a girl?" the dad choked out a quiet "it's a girl" and the entire room - erupted in cheers! It is a blessing, I treasure, to be apart of families sacred moments of welcoming new babies into the world!

4 comments:

Ashley C. said...

Charlotte is indeed so cute! And that picture is just darling. Yay for new babies!!!

Cute post A. I loved it.

Brittany said...

What a beautiful experience to share. Congratulations to Court.

Courtney said...

How did I miss this? So glad that you mentioned that you are back to blogging and that this adorable picture is on here. I am in love with this baby girl! Thanks for being such a rockstar charge nurse, I really did have the A-team!! I tell people all the time how much I LOVED my experience at the U, because the staff simply could not have been better!! Sweet Charlotte is 1 month old today, perhaps that means I should update my own blog!

Heather-joy said...

Charlotte was gorgeous and that delivery was in fact amazing. I love deliveries when the family is emotional and you can feel the Spirit in the room. What a great day to be at work!

Latest Post on Just a Hint of Salt



Roasted Chicken with Balsamic Peppers