Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Ski like a Girl!!!

Yesterday a wonderful time was had by all on Papa's boat! It was the first outing of the season and the kids had a blast. Annie was making deals with Dan about her getting in the water if he skied. So, as if on cue, as soon as he was done she lept off the boat!


Kate actually dove off the boat to join them in the chilly water!
family photo on the boat! (meg didn't love having her life jacket up around her ears! can't blame her for trying the whole time to wiggle out of the thing)
Not bad for a mom of 3 eh?
Dan looks like he's still got it!

I was a little nostalgic about the whole evening because on our way to the lake we drove by our old Midway cabin. It is for sale again. The back door was open so I ventured inside and although it has new paint it still smells the same. (a little like skunk and mildew- but Oh! how I love that smell!) It made me a little sad that we have closed that chapter in our lifes but I have great memories of times spent with family and friends there.


Nick Posh skiing- what a view!

And being on the boat with my dad- he has taught all of us girls how to ski and to love being on the boat! (no babies next summer so that we can ski 5 at a time okay!!) I have thought a lot about my dad recently as we celebrated fathers day and how much I love and admire him. He has drive and ambition but he also knows when one of us might just need a phone call or a hug! And wow! At 50 something look at him go!


At one point last night Dan was dancing on the boat. It made me a little sad that when you get married you have to grow up- and start going to work instead of out on the boat 4 or 5 times a week! 10 years ago Dan and I fell in love on the boat. We went on a trip with friends to Lake Powell and I was so impressed with how Dan never lost his cool- despite getting his Bronco stuck in the sand multiple times, damaging the prop on a sand bar, locking the trailer and losing the key and eating julia gulia's cooking out of a garbage bag! He just laughed and smiled the whole way through and when we can home I was smitten! Love you babe!

8 comments:

Dan said...

We've come a long way since the Parker sandwich in the back of the Bronco, with crazy drunk guys hunting each other down and peeing right next to the tailgate, but hey I think you definitely still got it and a really love to watch you ski!!!

Courtney said...

So sad we couldn't come. You look like you had the time of your life. I am a little jealous! See you at Lagoon tonight for some more family fun!

Ashley C. said...

cmon dan. we havent come that far. just kidding. umm.. wish we were there. awesome pics. love to see you all ski. i guess i will be doing just that this summer- watching. that's okay though! at least it is something good to watch. lovin' the forced family fun! lagoon - here we come!

Rachel said...

Doesn't it seem like its going to be forever before you're all done having kids and then they are old enough to do stuff like this at the spur of the moment? Maybe I'm the only one. however time does see to fly by and before you know it you'll be taking your five daughters out water skiing.

Nickposh said...

Worth the pain. Hopefully my arms will loosen up before we go again next week...or they will be stuck a bit bent at the elbows! Here's to another 25 years + of LOVE on the BOAT!!

Coleen said...

Wow! I am very impressed you guys rock!

Lauren Parker said...

I also am sad I missed this. But I agree with the 5 behind the boat- seeing as I ski now thanks to yours and Dans private lessons. Haha looks like you had lots of fun:)

Tarah said...

You both look awesome! You still have it! I'll have to show Marc, he'll be jealous for sure!

Latest Post on Just a Hint of Salt



Roasted Chicken with Balsamic Peppers