Sunday, October 19, 2008

30 and well . . . . content.


So, A how does it feel? the big 3-0. Honestly it feels great! I am thrilled to be 30!! I am in a very content place in my life. Happy in the moment- and for me, a constant "planner of the future" this is a big deal for me. There are no plans for next week, next month or next year, no remodeling project to finish- or a stage in life that I am just trying to get past.


No, I am truly enjoying the moment.


I have caught myself so many times lately- smiling, enjoying my family around me. Playing games with the girls or spending some one on one time with them. Even with busy Meg. I am enjoying her late night rocks. Although she goes to bed perfectly around 8 she is usually up one more time for a "love". It is a very tender moment rocking her, kissing her head, holding her finally still little body and having my heart so full with how much I love her.


The highlights of my birthday were: dan & I and the kids huddled around the heater in the car between soccer games trying to get warm and enjoying breakfast from Mcdonalds.


Pampering myself with a friend enjoying manicures and pedicures!! and shopping!


Dinner out with friends at the Cheesecake Factory! mmmmm! the pumpkin cheesecake is amazing!


A Movie in the Murdock Theater!


Thanks to all for the cards, calls and gifts- it really was a wonderful day!


15 comments:

Ashley C. said...

30... and hot! You look beautiful. Thanks for letting us celebrate with you. We love you and we are glad you had a good day. Happy Birthday.

Rachel said...

happy Birthday last week! I'm sad i missed you too, but who knows, maybe we can be neighbors someday!

Malma said...

Glad it was so good! Happy birthday!

Brittany said...

Oh pumpkin cheesecake-Delicious! Glad you had a good one. You look fabulous!

The Pond's Lily Pad said...

Welcome to the world of the big 30's! The best years of your life are yet to be had. I'm glad you're enjoying every moment. You deserve it!

Dan said...

I will attest you are thirty, flirty, and fabulous, and fun, and funny, not to mention very bright, thoughtful, and cute, and dare I say borderline laid back. You know, I sure like being on the other end of the flirty part. The party was a good time, the food and cheesecake better, the movie in the theater aaawwwesome, and....happy birthday babe!!

Coleen said...

happy birthday. you are beautiful as always.

It's Been a Day! said...

happy birthday! you look beautiful. glad it was a great day. you are an amazing person.

A said...

geez, i stop looking at the calendar for a few moments and look what happens!

sorry i missed your birthday.

30's pretty good. don't be surprised if something happens that makes you think your body is falling apart soon. that is normal and is supposed to happen. just a little prep for turning 40, 50, 60 and all the fun things ahead of us. little reminders that life and health are precious. but you already know that so hopefully you can just skip right over that little lesson!

miss you.

maxfamclan said...

You've been so busy with so many fun and good things. Your kids are adorable and I am so happy you are setting a good example for me so I know how to turn 30. Although, I imagine you still look like your high school year book picture. Good thing after kids!

Eric said...

Happy Birthday - you look absolutely beautiful!!! I love your hair! I agree with you - I feel very content at 30 :)

Heather said...

Way to go! I know what it means for the big 30. I believe you are one day older then me. Anyway congrats on the great accomplishments and keep doing as Dorrie says in Nemo, "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming."

The Kleins said...

Happy Birthday Adrianne. You have certainly accomplished a lot in that 30 years. You deserve the opportunity to sit back and enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Ashlee said...

CUTE darker hair! I can't wait for our celebratory trip. Just like most other things in my life--you do it first and then walk me through it. I'm right behind you!
Loves..

The Davis Fam said...

I love your hair! Happy belated bday, I will someday get organized and put everyone's bday on a calendar. Until then, happy birthday a week or two late...we need to plan our TRIP!

Latest Post on Just a Hint of Salt



Roasted Chicken with Balsamic Peppers