Wednesday, November 19, 2008

wasting time

Oh how i wish I had something great to blog about- something that would require lots of time, uploading pictures and writing and re-writing to get it perfect. Something to keep me from the torture that awaits me in my basement. I wish I had somewhere to go or dishes to do- but alas in 15 minutes the kids will be in bed, dishwasher already loaded - even a load in the laundry. It is amazing all that you can accomplish when you are trying to be too busy, for P90X.

So I think most people give up on new exercise programs about week 3. Yep. I'm there. Ready for my "1 1/2 hour of nothing to do" evenings back. Long tub with a good book sounds a lot better than 330 sit ups. Oh I remember like it was yesterday when I joined Powerhouse Gym with the twins and Paige. I could hardly walk down the stairs from the 3 floor where we lived. I remember being sore for a while- a week or so I think.

3 Weeks folks and I am still super SORE! it is killing me! I wasn't planning on beginning this extreme exercising program when I bought it for Dan for his birthday. I thought he could get in shape and I could sit on the couch with a symphony bar and a book and try and look supportive while he chiseled out his new hot body. But the day of his birthday he opened the package and said "come on babe". And now if I stop- I'm a quitter. I don't quit anything. Dan knows I have an addictive competitive personality and that he had me at "lets go."

so for all of you that we have talked into joining us- like Tony says "Just keep pushing play"

12 comments:

Ashley C. said...

i am proud of you A. keep up the good work. you can do it. in no time i am going to want to borrow those dvds so i can find myself again. :) love you

Ashley C. said...

p.s. addictive competitive personality?? really? i had no idea.

Dan said...

Hey, less gabbing and more pain. Actually, I'm quite sympathetic. But there is beach somewhere waiting for the finished product so hang in there and let those competitve juices flow.

Brittany said...

Remember when exercising was fun? I think we called it dancing.

Courtney said...

Our torture in a box arrived yesterday...and we are looking forward to being sore with you.

Scotty and I have also started doing Yoga once a week....maybe sometime we could convience you to come be yogurts with us!

And I agree with Brittney, the most fun exercise is dance!

Eric said...

I feel your pain. I hate working out but I feel like crap when I don't. I wish I was one of those people that really enjoyed it. You my friend - do not need to work out :) We would all LOVE to have your body!

Malma said...

Go adrianne!!!

Rachel said...

I don't do that exact routine, but I go to aerobic three days a week and sometimes I want to vomit in the middle of the class. Kudos to you and Dan for sticking with it.

Ashlee said...

I want before and after pics. On the blog. In bathing suits. I'm serious.

cdsdds said...

Don't be a quitter. We're going to need you to be our inspiration when our "secret" Christmas present comes.

maxfamclan said...

I think that we all hope our spouse will work hard while we ooo and ahh. I much prefer encouraging words to actions in such high demand situations :) Go you!

Sum & Ben said...

So Ben just ordered that for us too... I am excited to give it a go!! You will have to let me know if you like it, and if you are seeing results!! Good JOB! Keep it up...

Latest Post on Just a Hint of Salt



Roasted Chicken with Balsamic Peppers