Thursday, February 3, 2011

Week 5: Groundhog Day

Who knew I would ever wish that my life could be just life groundhog day!! I made a comment in church on Sunday about the difficulty being reverent in Church with little kids and many of the older ladies offered their encouragement in the form of "this too shall pass."


But I don't want it to. There are LOTS of parts of being the mom that are hard. But there are sweet tender moments in my daily life that I wish would never end.




Meg got an american girl doll for Christmas. Her name is Kimberly. She goes everywhere with us . . . to dance, or errands, and has lunch with us. Meg is my baby- and I want her to stop growing. I could have an almost 4 year old forever. She tells me that she has to grow up so that she can be a mom- but she promises that "even when I am big mom- I will will still be your friend."




Kate is sweet little thing. I love bundling her up for her walk to school. As we are loading up her backpack and tying the scarf around her neck she asks me (almost daily) if I have thought about getting a dog yet. I kiss her on the nose and tell her- not yet Kate, not yet.





Annie got her own room for Christmas. With it comes her own space and independence. This is her corkboard. She has designed it all by herself. I know that it will morph and change to pictures of friends and boys and popular fashion- but right now she has a baby picture of herself, school pictures of her sisters, her scripture reading chart, ribbons from swim meets and a picture of Jesus. LOVE this girl. Wish that she could stay 9 (and almost perfect) forever.


As I have been reading back over old posts I found last years resolutions. It made me laugh because I was complaining about the "groundhog" feel to my life, but guess what? since then I have bought a camera and borrowed from the shoebox in my drawer for a gym membership, and signed up for my first 1/2. Thanks Ash- nothing could get me off the couch faster than a chance to run with you!

6 comments:

coriconnors said...

I'm sitting here on John and Ashley's computer trying to plan my guitar lesson for this afternoon and this reminder thing was on their screen with this blog, so in an attempt to avoid planning my lesson i clicked on it. Now I'm sitting here bawling. You are not only a beautiful thinker, A, but you express your thoughts so well that we can all feel them.
Not only that, they are preserved so your grandkids will someday know what you thought when they were not even a twinkle in their mothers' eyes.

Jenny H said...

Oh, I love that sweet corkboard. How awesome is that? Such darling girls you have.

Mushie said...

I so wanted to freeze my children at a certain age...the blessing comes when they give you grandchildren and they are little repeats of their parents!!!
Enjoy every moment...they are over way too soon!
I love and adore all of you!

go boo boo said...

Finally I see your blog! I think you should send Kate over to visit Javi and maybe she will reconsider the dog? I try to freeze my kids everyday too :(. They are too cute (even the stinkers!).

Ashley C. said...

even though i am not that "ash" that got you off your couch i am so happy for you! races and training for them are the best.

i love you and those three sweet kiddos. they are so darling. :)

Tarah said...

Own room!! thats a big deal. Maren dreams of the day. Im so happy to hear she's still a little girl and no boy posters yet!! their much too young but they want to be respected as older nearly pre-teens.... makes me a little sad

oh fyi im blogging again... just a few months behind hemeons.blogspot.com

Latest Post on Just a Hint of Salt



Roasted Chicken with Balsamic Peppers