Friday, May 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Kate!

Kate recently celebrated a birthday- and already she is talking about the next one!
Great birthday moments:
Kate's explanation of getting older : "papa- on your birfday you get another number"
Kate wondering about her future career "mom- do vets have birthdays?"
When Kate opened a barbie and horse set- she exclaimed OH! I have been dreaming about this for a long long time!



Kate is always so busy and really her spirit is much bigger than her little body- which has prompted me to often say that I love my kids most while they are sleeping. I realized this after checking on Kate one night and she looked so peaceful. I love the slow rhythmic breathing of a sleeping child. She was smiling in her sleep and she wasn't moving (which is a huge feat if you know Kate- most of the pictures I take of her are blurry because she can't hold still) But even though she was holding still and was quiet, the spirit about her was stronger than I have ever felt before or since. It gave me a feeling of awe and wonder. So, Yes! I love her when she is sleeping because I feel like that great big spirit of hers can communicate with me on a very different level!
Mom: "Kate I love you to pieces"
Kate: "Mom, I love you in THREE pieces"

1 comment:

Ashley C. said...

We love Kate three pieces too. She such fun niece/cousin.We love her singing and her happy disposition. She is always so fun and pleasant. We love you Kate. It was fun to celebrate with you. Happy Birthday.

Latest Post on Just a Hint of Salt



Roasted Chicken with Balsamic Peppers