Sunday, May 25, 2008

May Catch Up!

Most free moments in May were spent in the backyard. Last summer we had a rock wall put in and this summer it has been time to weed, plant and landscape the backyard. Many thanks to Cousin Elle for her great ideas- and thanks Dan for taking time out of the crazy basement schedule to work on the backyard. Putting the swing-set back together was a great learning moment for me as a mom. Honestly, it wasn't on my list (there are so so many other things to do) But it was on the kids list. They had been asking for a long time- so I re-stained it and Dan put it together one night after work. He didn't finish until after 8 and it was getting dark and cold. But the kids went running out in their pajamas, exclaiming that it was the greatest day of their lives. It made me wish I had put it on MY list sooner.

Mom & Annie taking it easy in the hammock.
Daredevil Meg! This is the other reason I haven't been doing a lot of blogging lately! Meg is very mobile and she has decided that her favorite seat in the house is the top stair! You can see the gate in the background but I have a hard time getting it to fit tight enough that it doesn't move when she pushes on it.


kate and meg posing at the top of the stairs

Annie was in a darling little performance at school about being happy being you! She did a little dragonfly dance and had a little speaking part! Way to go Annie!



4 comments:

Gretel said...

Super cute pictures!

Erika Anderson said...

SO I love her tight little pants around her belly sitting on the top step of the stairs...such a cute body shape...life would be so much easier if that look was cute at 28!

Lauren Parker said...

so I love love love the picture of kate and meg on the stairs! It is adorable! and the swing picture is classic as well!

Our Little Bugs said...

I can't believe how big Meg is. She obviously has no fear to sit at the top stair. Thank-you for always looking at my blog. It makes me feel that all of the work is not in vain.

Latest Post on Just a Hint of Salt



Roasted Chicken with Balsamic Peppers