Wednesday, March 5, 2008

An Ode to Friendship

One of the great things that has happened to me through blogging is that I have been able to reconnect with great friends from Boston, laugh with old college roommates, see my dear sister through her husbands eyes, and carry on and foster friendships that are both near and far away. Funny moments that wouldn't before warrent a phone call, are now there for me to read and enjoy. I can watch your kids grow- see whats for dinner- listen to fun songs and feel like I am doing a fantastic job about keeping in touch. (it is all about perception right). I can't remember the last time i talked with some of you- but I now get almost daily glimpses into your lives which reminds me I why I love you! And for those of you non-bloggers you get to watch my crazy life unfold and hopefully feel not so far away.

I love this story about an unlikely pair of friends, a hippopotamus, nicknamed “Owen”, and the male tortoise "Mzee" it adopted as its mother. They swim, eat and sleep together. The hippo follows the tortoise exactly the way it follows its mother. It makes me think of many of you and the unusual circumstances that brought us together as friends.
So I am most grateful tonight for all of you who have touched my life in so many ways- and thank you for inviting us into your lives we are thrilled that the friendships live on!
Love, A


6 comments:

Ashley C. said...

A-
Thanks for the nice post. I have loved yet another way to keep in constant communication with the fabulous "A". Thanks for being such a good sister, friend and person. I love ya tons! HAve a great day! (thanks for coming last night!)

Rachel said...

You're so right on! Now the next time we run into each other at the 4th of July parade we can laugh about funny things that happen in our lives and we'll actually know what the other is talking about. Its like mass emails that people actally read.

Jamie said...

Adrianne its Jamie (and Ryan) i found your blog... it is so cute. Your kids are getting so big. Our blog is myhydelife.blogspot.com

john said...

love you too.

The Pond's Lily Pad said...

Adrianne:
I love you! I think your ode to friendship is very true and very well-put. Because of our age difference, I don't think we ever would have become friends had our paths not passed together as nurses. I am so glad I know you and get to work with you; I am always more excited to go to work to see you than I am to do my work. I always think "I get to work with Adrianne tonight." What a privilege, and don't forget I love you as my nurse too (you were the best thing that could have happened to me during Ava's delivery). I love you!
PS-am I cuter than that turtle?

It's Been a Day! said...

Let's be honest. Blogs rule. They are the best. I'm so glad to be reconnected again and see your cute kiddos!!

Latest Post on Just a Hint of Salt



Roasted Chicken with Balsamic Peppers