Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Tatiana's Sweet Pork Enchiladas

This recipe was passed along to me from my sister's neighbor. It is fast becoming a family favorite- so I thought I would share it for those whose weekly menu could use a little shake up. (ashlee- you will love these!!)

3 lb pork roast
28 oz can green enchilada sauce (I used las pamas)
brown sugar
can of black beans
cilantro
1 lb of cheese- Monterey jack, pepper jack or mozzarella

serve with:
cut up lettuce
Pico and rice

Cook the Pork Roast in the crock pot for 5-6 hours on low. I cook it with 1 c. water and salt and pepper

shred the roast and mix with 3/4 c. of the liquid in the crock pot, 3/4 c. enchilada sauce and 1/2 c. brown sugar- then add black beans (that have been drained and rinsed) and about 1/3 a bunch of cilantro cut small (use a pizza cutter- it works great)

Mix meat, beans and cilantro in a big bowl

add 1/3 c. brown sugar to remaining enchilada sauce and then pour about 1/2 c. of sweetened mixture on the bottom of 9x13

Place meat mixture in tortilla, sprinkle some shredded cheese on top and roll up in pan. (I made about 15 enchiladas from the 3 lb roast in two 9x13 pans)

Cover rolled tortillas with more sauce and then I turned them a couple of times in the pan to make sure the entire tortilla had sauce on it- sprinkle with more cheese

Bake at 350 for 30 minutes!!!
then serve with shredded lettuce, Pico, and rice- look out cafe rio! these are good!

4 comments:

Ashlee said...

Yum! You're right- these sound right up my alley. I can't wait to try them... too bad we can't bake them up together :)

The Davis Fam said...

I didn't cook a real dinner all week, so my menu needs a BIG shake up...looks good. Poor Ryan is starting to think pancakes and macaroni are the two food groups.

Coleen said...

I am trying these out this Sunday! You guys always have the best recipes!

Adam said...

A-
hey its whitley. I LOVE this enchiladas. I am wondering if you have a good rice recipe to go with it?
I have loved catching up on you and your darling family. Thanks!

Latest Post on Just a Hint of Salt



Roasted Chicken with Balsamic Peppers