Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Proud to be an American

The 2008 Summer Olympics have been amazing to watch. Every night until late I am glued to the TV and then I tune back in the next day for the recap. Swimming, Gymnastics, local celebrity Jake Gibb and Water Polo (in honor of Ashley) are my favorites!

I remember when the 2002 Olympics came to Salt Lake. We were able to see the Torch Relay and attend a few events. I remember wanting one of those hats the American athletes had worn to the opening ceremonies. Lets just say they didn't look as cute on the general population.




Swimming! Wow! IF that can't capture your attention I don't think anything will. I was at work on Sunday night for the Mens 4 x 100 Freestyle Relay. I was able to see it and we were all cheering and yelling at the TV- seconds after it was over Dan called to tell me he had seen the most incredible race! Definitely the best race I have seen! I got to see it again with the 3:30 am re-run of the days events (finally the insomniacs of the world have something to watch) and the race was still unbelievable knowing the outcome!

For more Michael Phelps photos!

10 comments:

Kait said...

I love the olympics and since I don't have a lot going on other than hanging out on the couch I have been able to see most of them!! Also that was the best race ever!

It's Been a Day! said...

i'm in love with the olympics. i get teary eyed and excited everytime i see that race. i know it's getting played a lot these past couple of days, but it still gets to me. it was so amazing!

Erin said...

I'll admit, I am an Olympic addict as well! Garrett and I have not gone to bed before 11:30 or 12:00 all week long! And that was the most amazing race ever! I love Michael Phelps!

The Pond's Lily Pad said...

I am also an Olympic addict; the swiming and gymnastics have been amazing to watch. That picture of Michael Phelps....well, there are no words. I'm speechless at his exquisitely sheer beautiness!! Reminds me of a saying...."how low can you go?!?!?!"

Courtney said...

GO Phelps!!! I love you. Thanks for all your help this summer making things go so smoothly! You Rock! (ps...new posts on the jacobsen page!!)

cdsdds said...

Phelps is a stud but we need to get him some suspenders.

A said...

i hear i am misssing out on some good stuff - maybe one day i'll buy a tv. but probably not. i'd also have to get cable to see all of the olympics. truth be told this is the first year i actually WANT to watch the olympics. (we went on vacation when they came to SLC)
i'll have to start working nights here so i can watch more at work (just like home).

amy

Erika Anderson said...

We nearly get a "peek-a-boo" shot of Phelps!!! That suit can't get any lower....an did I mention I want to be the next dara torres!

Ashley C. said...

i love the olympics. maybe i will start getting some sleep when they are over though.
i love the extra photos of michael phelps. he rocked a sweet 'stache pre olympics.
womens water polo plays for the gold on thursday..... yippee.

Ashley C. said...

Dear Adrianne-
Thank you for staying here so I dont have to cry about you leaving. Thank you for calling me six times a day. Thank you for being the one that gave me tylenol pm in the first place.
Ashley

Latest Post on Just a Hint of Salt



Roasted Chicken with Balsamic Peppers