Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Happy Chinese New Year




Last night we celebrated the Chinese New Year complete with orange chicken, egg rolls, homemade paper lanterns, and fortune cookies (chocolate dipped of course).

And with the New Year (traditional or Chinese) come resolutions . . . we all resolve in some form or another to: lose weight, eat better, exercise more regularly, save more or spend less, take more time for ourselves, and focus on what is really important!! This year I have resolved to have lots of resolutions thus I more likely to be successful (at aleast some of them)!

I resolve to: give it my best. I typed out a little list but reading it back it sounded a little trite. As great as the ideas are it is hard to put into words my feelings of introspection about how to be a better person. I don't want to set the bar too high and fail at most of my resolutions before the months end. (Like saying I will do 100% of my visiting teaching- it just sets me up for failure 50% would be a more attainable goal) Thus I just resolve to be better- a better wife, mother, sister and friend and for the rest we will let the cards fall where they may.



So have yourself a Happy Chinese New Year. And don't feel like you missed it- The Chinese New Year lasts for 15 days ending with the Lantern Festival. The paper lanterns are super easy to make!! Our lanterns turned out so cute we might have to save them and have a Lantern festival dinner . . .

6 comments:

Malma said...

How fun!!!! And what a great "resolution" for "resolutions".

It's Been a Day! said...

those are very cute lanterns. i think a little blog tutorial is in order! resolutions smesolutions. i typically have the same goals year after year and never stick to them. this year is different. i made 3 specific goals and i have set my mind to them. so far so good. but then again, it's still only january!

Ashley C. said...

how cute! love the lanterns and love the chocolate dipped fortune cookies. wish we would have joined you for the festivities. maybe next year. i do love a new year and new resolutions. some good ones on my list this year- and so far, so good.
love you. darling post. keep the good ideas rolling. it is always fun to switch things up- especially in boring january! whats on the list for february??

scott j said...

dan brought some fortune cookies to the job site, everyone was pretty impressed. He also tried to trade one for my snack pack, but i couldn't do it.

Corinne said...

I love the lanterns...I still need to get on the ball and celebrate the Chinese New Year. It is one that I would love to celebrate wholeheartedly, as well as Cinco de Mayo, but it always seems to pass me by. Love the cookies too!

Coleen said...

Wow! I am impressed. Love the fortune cookies and lanterns. I really feel bad now because I am half Asian and did absolutely nothing for the new year (the least I could have done was dipped a few fortune cookies.) You are an inspiration.

Latest Post on Just a Hint of Salt



Roasted Chicken with Balsamic Peppers