Thursday, February 28, 2008

Annie the Artist



Tonight was "A Celebration of the Arts" at Annie's elementary school- complete with a silent auction, raffle baskets, bake sale, musical performances and the children's art gallery. It was a huge fundraiser for the Art program which is amazing. Many thanks to all who help teach- and to the many, many volunteers who put tonight together!! I have a special place in my heart for people who can draw and create- because it is honestly something I can not do. (I struggle with stick figures.)


Annie's first watercolor on canvas.
She gets her talent from her grandma Murdock!

The Kindergartners drew the flowers and the bugs, cut them out of fabric and made a mural.
Annie's Self Portrait. (And although I think she was drawing a valentines shirt she has- this is very typical Annie- she is very sensitive and her heart is always showing!!) Way to go!

5 comments:

The Pond's Lily Pad said...

Annie is absolutely gorgeous! What a beautiful girl; and her watercolor is very well done; WAY better than anything I can do. Way to go Annie!!

Ashley C. said...

Love the art. Love Annie. I am so impressed!

scott j said...

How much is she selling her art work for? We have a couple of empty walls! does she make frames too?

Coleen said...

Adrianne:
Its Coleen Bryan! I found your blog after going to Janie's....I am so impressed by your art program and by your cute artist!

Corinne said...

She is a way better artist than I will ever be! She is adorable...so is your little Meg! I also probably could have saved you the trouble of typing the recipe to me as well if I just would have looked on your blog first!!! Thanks again!

Latest Post on Just a Hint of Salt



Roasted Chicken with Balsamic Peppers