Monday, April 27, 2009

Happy Easter













Easter 2009 was great! We celebrated with multiple egg hunts, dying hard boiled eggs, frosting sugar cookies and taking the time to focus on our Savior Jesus Christ. I read the entire Book of Mormon for lent and then rewarded myself with a new set of scriptures. It was a great way to focus and bring the spirit into our house leading up to Easter. And I love being in primary because it helps me to focus on the basics of the gospel. The Atonement is complicated and can be applied in so many layers, but simply put: it makes up the difference for me where I fall short every single day. Some days I am a little bit short and somedays a lot more than I would like to admit. But being able to apply the atonement in my own life- forgive others, ask for forgiveness, continue to learn little by little, and knowing that my Savior loves me completely and unconditionally gives me the hope and strength to keep trying to be a little better tomorrow.

1 comment:

Lauren Parker said...

so glad i could be there. love all of these. and so glad i could make it in the blog!! woohoo!!

Latest Post on Just a Hint of Salt



Roasted Chicken with Balsamic Peppers