Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Meatloaf ain't just a sexy singer

Annie: (looking at her plate) What's for dinner?
Mom: meatloaf
Annie: It looks like dog food. Do I have to eat it?
Mom: At least try a bite.
Annie: If I don't eat it can I still have a cookie?

(the kids have left their untouched meatloaf and gone to play)
A: did it taste like Dog food?
Dan: Well . . . I've never had dog food, but it has the same consistency.

Editors note: Crap- I made a double batch and the other 1/2 is in the freezer!

4 comments:

EmilyCC said...

I'm not usually a fan of meatloaf, but I'm sure that an Adrianne meatloaf is delicious!

Your recipes in the Weston Ward's cookbook are some of my favorites--I made that tasy Bacon Salad just the other day for a party.

Ashley C. said...

Ok I love that meatloaf and that yummy sauce that goes on it and I am no fan of meatloaf. So if you are trying to unload the other 1/2 of that batch I will gladly come raid your freezer.... beware!

Nickposh said...

Rosi and I will come eat meatloaf with you and Ash next time. Hells Backbone Grill just won another award for best restaurant in Southern Utah. But your girls probably don't care that the meatloaf you made is from a famous restaurant. Oh well!

Eric said...

That had me totally laughing! I must admit - I am with Dan on this one. I don't like meatloaf but Eric is very fond of it. He also doesn't like chocolate so something is definately wrong with him.

Latest Post on Just a Hint of Salt



Roasted Chicken with Balsamic Peppers