Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Obsessive Compulsive

Blogging has made me acutely aware of my OC tendicies. Which I have seen so clearly in those around me but never thought I had. (okay except my obsession with making "perfect" choc. chip cookies). Anyways, although I have occasionly read other people's blogs- and laughed and cried with them. I have never needed to check the sites daily (or hourly) as I have found myself doing this past week. Couple that with my new reading obsession of the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich and I am pretty much useless. (Similar to the Twlight useless).


So, I have decided that it is time to set limits on my new found loves, or before I know it I am going to have a full scale addiction. This means never getting out of my shlumpadinkas, reading two Stephanie Plum (or more acurately Joe Morelli) novels a day and limiting my interruptions to getting up to get another chocolate chip cookie and check the blogs one more time. Thus limits- I need to either limit this day of complete self indulgence to once a week- or maybe I should rotate through: one day I can stalk blogs, the next enjoy a diet of chocolate chip cookies and diet coke and then read two books to make up for lost time!!

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

Oooh. I love addicting books. I'm going to have to find these... Too bad I never feel that way about laundry or bill-paying. Did you know there are some people that are OC about cleaning?? :)

Erika Anderson said...

see, this is why I love blogs...I now can "lurk" on your blog....I'm so glad I found it! Your kids are ADORABLE!

Latest Post on Just a Hint of Salt



Roasted Chicken with Balsamic Peppers