Saturday, April 12, 2008

"Annie"

Today I took Annie and Kate to see "Annie" at Kingsbury Hall. We went with my mom, sisters, grandma, aunt and cousin as our monthly girls outing. There was a big mix-up with the tickets-when we tried to sit down there were people in our seats- and the usher told us we actually had tickets for tomorrow's show! oh no! so the 14 of us missed the opening while we scrambled to still get tickets to today's show! My Annie totally fell apart- she was missing it. She was moping because she could hear "Annie" singing and we weren't in there! Annie recently got the movie (the version that came out in '82 when we were kids) and watches it all the time. My girls like the DVD option to sing along with some of the songs.

We were able to get to our seats just in time for "Hard Knock Life" (currently) Annie's favorite song in the movie- so I am happy we made it for that one! She is learning a dance to it for her recital and it has been hard to convince her that it is Hard Knock Life- not Hard Not Life.

The girls loved it and so did I! They were both singing along waiting for their favorite parts! Kate turned to me after "Tomorrow" with a big grin on her face and said "Mom that was great!" So amid the mix-up and confusion and being in the middle of an already busy Saturday I am so happy we got to enjoy the moment!

I used to think that I was "Annie" when I was little. (Really! I even signed my library card Adrianne Annie Parker. ) So I think that it is extra cute that my Annie now thinks that she is "Annie." She has it all planned out that for Halloween our family is going to be the characters from "Annie." My dad gets to be Daddy Warbucks, I have been assigned the part of Ms. Hannigan! Kate gets to be a little orphan and Dan is "Rooster." I don't think this is really going to happen - she can be "Annie" but I prefer to be Mrs. Incredible over Ms. Hannigan!

Thanks to everyone who went with us today! We love you all!

8 comments:

Ashley C. said...

If Annie feels like she needs to dance and clean somewhere.. she can come here! ha. And also I think you would make a great Ms. Hannigan for Halloween. :) It is Dan that is going to have a hard time being bald. Maybe Papa can be Mr. Workbucks. (sp?) Anyway- fun to play. I really look forward to our monthly outings.

It's Been a Day! said...

A monthly girl outing? How fun is that? I am totally jealous. The only girl thing I do monthly isn't so fun!!

Courtney said...

Loved the show. It was so fun ! And as Annie's dance teacher I would also like to say that she is really cute in her "annie" dance. She is in character and knows every word to the song! It is pretty cute!

Janie said...

All I have to say is Punjab!

Nickposh said...

Where is the picture of you dressed up as Annie for Halloween? Was it the year Ashley was Miss Piggy? I loved the show on Saturday... and was singing right along and I am thinking I need to add the DVD to my small but growing collection. Thanks for a fun outing. I love hanging out with you and your girls!

Nickposh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda said...

YES! "Annie" was the first musical i was ever in! And it holds a special place in my heart!! I agree that the 1982 Movie of "Annie" Is the best! and i grew up watching it, and now Caitlin watches it... Ohh, what fun it is to be a girl!

I should take Caitlin to see that show... she'd love it, i'm sure!

john said...

what part am I playing again?
and, just so you have a heads up, Dan, Jared, Scott and I are going to be going out next week (and at least once monthly thereafter) to get dinner and see "Made of Honor" or perhaps a production at Roger Memorial Theatre so plan accordingly.

Latest Post on Just a Hint of Salt



Roasted Chicken with Balsamic Peppers