Thursday, April 10, 2008

Welcome Sunshine!

What is it about a beautiful sunny day that rejuvenates my soul? I find myself turning on my I- pod to my favorites, singing in the shower, cracking open a diet coke and dancing in the kitchen with my baby. The sun is shinning and suddenly the list of things to do today doesn't seem that long and cleaning my house to great 80's music might actually be fun!

It reminds me of when Dan and I were dating at BYU and he would cruise through the loop on campus with both his windows down listening to his music embarrassingly too loud. (probably Freddy Jones Band) I would duck and smile (knowing I was dating THE cutest guy) as I jumped up and into the Bronco for our lunch date to Diegos or somewhere equally as greasy!

So today the sun is shinning (finally!!)and my outlook on life is way improved! maybe i can stretch the money in the bank account a little bit further, and maybe the peanut butter sandwhich I'm going to have for lunch isn't so boring! Work tonight will probably be fun and I am sure my kids will be angels all day!

I hope the sun is shinning where you are!

8 comments:

Courtney said...

I agree...a little bit of sushine does wonders for the moral. I am getting excited for the sunshine and warmth that will take us to the lake for some waterskiing! Oh life is good!

It's Been a Day! said...

The sun is shining here and I wish I had the outlook on today like you have! Maybe the diet coke and music will make all the difference for me - i'll have to try that!

Brittany said...

The sun is out here too. Things always look better in the sunshine. Thanks for the cheerful post.

Dan said...

You're sweet babe. It's fun to think that cute college girl is still with me.

Ashley C. said...

i love the sunshine too. and the trip down memory lane to provo and the bronco was so fun! oh how i loved diegos... on one of those lunch dates i met nancy for the first time. you guys were so fun to hang out with- and still are. thanks! we love you. and yes bring on even more sunshine, music and diet coke!

Erika Anderson said...

I'm drinking a diet coke right now as I read this...it does seem to make eveything a little sunnier!

Sandie said...

It is amazing what a little sunshine will do to lighten the mood! I couldn't agree with you more and of course, diet coke always makes everything better.

john said...

wow, I haven't commented for a while.
this is taking longer than I thought.
but I must finish.
hooray for sunshine.

Latest Post on Just a Hint of Salt



Roasted Chicken with Balsamic Peppers