Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Garden inspired Cooking!!

love, love the garden and it has been fun to cook with all of the fresh veggies. Almost everyday this past week I have been out looking for ripe tomatoes- and then I venture over to my neighbors yard to see what is ripe there . . . I really enjoy cooking, but when it comes to dinner, I get stuck deciding what to make and then being excited about it when the day rolls around.

Last week I really enjoyed being inspired by my garden.

Pork Enchiladas with fresh homemade salsa. (& Zucchini bread- Gretel I am still waiting for your choc. zuch bread recipe . . .)

Spaghetti Squash with Bolegnese. (hmmm! I thought: I love spaghetti squash and I like spaghetti sauce- this will probably be pretty good! Well it was really good- much better than I even imagined!!)

Fresh Pesto with chicken & bowtie pasta

Bruschetta Chicken Bake- I made bruschetta (kalamata olives, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, garlic, S&P) mixed it with breadcrumbs, spooned it over chicken and baked it! After it baked, I added a little bit of feta. This was supposed to be the meal of the week- and it was good but honestly I felt like it was missing something. I still think the idea sounds wonderful- so all you great cooks out there if you have any suggestions or recipes please send them to me!!

and tonight with the leftovers- PIZZA with pesto, chicken, artichoke hearts, pinenuts, bacon AWESOME!!

and Zucchini Cookies of course!
3 eggs
1 c. oil
3/4 c. sugar
2/3 c. brown sugar
2 g grated zucchuni
2 t vanilla
4-4 1/2 c. flour (the dough is super sticky)
3 t cinnamon
1 1/2 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
1 t salt

mix together, scoop into balls & roll in cinnamon sugar mixture and bake at 325 for about 12 min
or add a cup of choc. chips and scoop onto pan & bake at 325 for 12 min

enjoy! love A

8 comments:

Ashley C. said...

i wish i lived closer so i could just come eat at your house. though you would get sick of me and eventually i would have to go home and feed my own family... oh well. perhaps then i could just take them some in a tupperware.... now that is an idea.
or maybe we will all move into that newly finished basement. those couches are quite comfy...

Sandie said...

Currently looking for a chef (in my dreams). You could be up for the job!

cdsdds said...

Will you make double of everything and bring it over every night?? Sounds yummy. Here is the recipe from my cute neighbor when we lived in Omaha-- Melanie Campbell:

3 Eggs
1 c. Brown Sugar
1 c. sugar
1 c. oil
1 t. vanilla
2 c. flour
2 oz unsweetend chocolate (or cocoa equiv.)
1 t. salt
1/2- 1 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. baking powder
1 t. soda
2 c. grated zucchini

Beat eggs until smooth. Add sugars and oil. Melt chocolate, stir with zucchini & vanilla into egg mixture. Add dry ingredients. Bake in greased loaf pan or bundt pan @ 375 for 50-60 minutes. Two loaves about 40 min. I think it would be yummy to add chocolate chips too.

-Gretel

Coleen said...

Have you read Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Kingsolver? Its so inspiring and has great recipes. Thanks for sharing!

EmilyCC said...

Oooh, can you post the spaghetti squash with Bolognese recipe? I never know what to do with spaghetti squash!

Dan said...

Babe, you never cease to amaze. I didn't know what to expect with the spagetti squash spagetti or the zucchini cookies but I was pleasantly surprised. And the pesto can go on the permanent menu with the enchiladas because that was awesome. And speaking of salsa, I think its time for us to make more. I'll meet you in the garden.

Courtney said...

Thanks for feeding me dinner last night! Your garden inspired menu is very delicious! Love you!

Erika Anderson said...

A- to answer your ? about the pics...I use the blogger template Minima stretch and then just move the pics around into place...does that make sense? I just fiddle and would edit if I didn't like the look of it, until I got the hang of it. When I used the fancy template, it wouldn't let me put pic side by side, so I when back to the generic blogger one. goodluck!

Latest Post on Just a Hint of Salt



Roasted Chicken with Balsamic Peppers